Friday, January 07, 2005

thoughts inspired browsing on amazon


the most wished for item on amazon's wish lists in the health and personal care section is the "Philips HeartStart Home Automated External Defibrillator (AED)." that makes me sad.

but, just to show how fickle i am, i'll also tell you about something that makes me happy. it's the reach access flosser. i've tried other flossing gadgets before, with no luck. i just have to floss the manual way, basically sticking both my hands in my mouth to floss. i have a hard enough time trying to get my mouth to open far enough to eat. but in any case, this thing is fantastic! i read about it on kevin kelly's cool tools list, which subsequently listed a link to a free sample which is still available. i can't recommend this highly enough. basically, it's as firm as a toothbrush, which makes it easy to poke the floss between your teeth. i have a couple of teeth that have crashed together like icebergs, and i can even get in those if i use my upper jaw to push down a tad on the flosser. so add it to your shopping list or fill out the online form for a free one, but do it, especially if you don't floss every day. this will make it easier, without getting spit all over your hands (or is that only me?).

No comments: