Sunday, July 10, 2005

Monrovia Canyon Park


It was great to find a park that was shady and green even in the LA summer heat. It was a nice little walk, about 3/4 mile to the falls. I didn't take a picture at the waterfall because it was mobbed with people, including a very apologetic but ineffective group of women with a rabid french bulldog. Walking uphill in the crappy air was a struggle though, even though I'm able to run farther (inside, on a treadmill) than ever before. It reminds me that I shouldn't exercise outside again until October.

This morning I looked at latimes.com for local news and noticed a review of the new Missy Elliot album. I perused it. It was savage. I looked at the other three reviews in the same section by different reviewers; they were all savage too. That surprises me and suggests the LA Times has more spine than I would have expected. The reviews aren't very helpful, but I don't want to ask too much. Simply being critical is beyond my expectations.

No comments: