Friday, March 17, 2006

Do you know rockabilly?

There are lovely things about working with people for whom English isn't their first language. One is the serendipitous word play. I've picked up the habit of saying "Do you know [x]?" Today I had the opportunity to ask someone if he knew rockabilly. Can you really know rockabilly? What does it mean to know rockabilly?

Now that I think about it, I'm sure there's some KCRW (music freak public radio) dj who knows rockabilly, but among us mortals, it may be unknowable.

Today I am just trying to know this article, entitled "A brain-specific microRNA regulates dendritic spine development." That I can know.

p.s. dolface, sorry about the italics. actually, i ended up taking them out because i decided i really don't need them. like scare quotes, rarely necessary.

No comments: