Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Sync contacts and calendar - Verizon K1m, and (sigh) Windows

First install Motorola drivers from here:
http://mark.cdmaforums.com/1-USBDriver.htm
Then follow directions here (which tell you how to run bit pim and convince it you have a v3cm phone):
http://www.howardforums.com/showpost.php?p=8925092&postcount=230
That post says you can sync the phone book. For me it also worked for calendar, although I had to remove all punctuation from my calendar events (which I downloaded from google).
Also, by copying "wallpaper" to my local computer, I downloaded pictures and was then able to export them to a folder. I didn't try copying ringtones. I did try copying sms but had no luck, and no error in the log.

Now all I need to do is get it to work under linux and I'll be all set. Actually, In a perfect world, when I connect my phone to the computer to charge at night, it would automatically (with the aid of scripting) bidirectionally sync with google calendar and a local contact information source AND my google email address book. i'm loath to put anything on the internet (even in my gmail account) that doesn't really need to be there.

No comments: