Thursday, June 11, 2009

Worst phone I've ever had: iPhone


Sure, it's also the best piece of electronics I've ever had, and that's why I keep it. But for making calls, it continues to be the worst phone I've ever had, including my first cell phone, that creaky Kyocera.

Best: interface, content, features. Maps, web, games. There are lots of improvements I'd like to see, but it's the best thing going for a mobile device. One of the reasons I like it is because it reduces the amount of stuff I need to carry. But what I really need to add to my purse is a phone that works.

2 comments:

Jordan said...

How DARE you! OK, maybe AT&T service isn't the best in the world. Although it was great in LA. Do you have the original or 3G? The reception is way better with the 3G.

Manduca said...

@ Jordan: I have the 3G. I think I'll get the 3GS and move to the Bay Area before I seriously start thinking about carrying a real phone too. I don't know whether the phone or the network is the problem; I suspect it's both. I had Verizon for 5 years before ATT, so I went from a good network and a good phone to... who knows.