Saturday, October 17, 2009

Sequences were mapped to opossum genome

The title is an addition to my collection of favorite excerpts from scientific publications.

Caveat: this picture is much cuter here than the spitting pig-aliens I usually see.




photo credit

N. R. Saunders, M. Wakefield, J. Ek, S. A. Liddelow1, J. Truettner, B. J. Wheaton, D. Dietrich. Rna-seq analysis of gene expression following transection in immature spinal cord of monodelphis domestica. Program No. 415.5. 2009 Neuroscience Meeting Planner. Chicago, Il: Society For Neuroscience, 2009. Online.

1 comment:

Jordan said...

I have the opossum picture you linked saved on my computer in my wikipedia desktops folder. It's slightly different than the one you used in the post though--the tail is behind the branch instead of in front. Very cute regardless.