Friday, July 30, 2010

Salt, mostly a failure

MM and I saw Salt Wednesday night. I expected to like Angelina Jolie a little more. I'm not usually much a fan of her acting, but I've enjoyed her in action movies in the past. She's now too fragile-looking to be plausible as an actionista. Also, she doesn't look particularly good in any of it. If I have to stretch my suspension of disbelief to include this waif being an action hero, I think it wouldn't be too much of a risk to pretend that an action hero could also be attractive.

Clockwise from top left: Angelina as Scrawny Salt; Angelina as "lost in my corporate outfit and this weapon is too heavy for me" Salt; an earlier, buffer, Angelina; what a plausible female action hero looks like (and man did I miss Jennifer Garner in this movie); the best costuming in Salt.

No comments: