Thursday, November 16, 2006

Ancient Latrine Expert

I came across this on boing boing of course. Why do jobs like ancient latrine expert (ok, palaeopathologist) and official bird flu spokesman of the International Badminton Federation fascinate me so much? Perhaps because my own job has a fairly straightforward career path and is defined enough that children can grow up thinking about it. Deciding you want to be an ancient latrine expert probably does not happen by browsing through a list of possible careers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw that thing about the bird flu spokesman and was fascinated. But then, I also wonder about some of the companies around here that seem to spend a great deal of energy manufacturing things I've never heard of for purposes I don't understand. How do you become a drill press operator? A ball-bearing manufacturer? How does it happen. And also, on an unrelated subject, how is Mac doing?