Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Biopsy

I've schedule a consultation for tomorrow. If the consultation goes well, the biopsy may occur tomorrow. I wasn't able to see the Ventura orthopedic surgeon, who did a successful double hip replacement on a lab I know. The surgeon is a friend of a friend and a board certified surgeon, but he wouldn't be able to do the biopsy for the next 2.5 weeks. The recommended surgeon is also board certified and was a strong recommendation from my vet. Here's her bio:
Dr. Mary Somerville, Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Surgeons.A graduate of the U.C. Davis School of Veterinary Medicine, she served as Director of the Emergency Pet Clinic of South Bay, performing emergency medical and critical care for three years. She completed her internship and surgical residency with our surgical department. She then successfully completed the ACVS examinations to become a Diplomate (Board Certified Surgeon) of the ACVS.
Another advantage of this surgeon is that she's only 35 minutes away, about 30 minutes closer than the other one. Still, all of Los Angeles is between me and her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Mac. My childhood dog died of osteosarcoma -- the vet had thought he was suffering from hip displasia, which is common in English Sheepdogs, so it wasn't caught until it was too late to do anything about it. I hope you both get through this okay!